Sign Up to Volunteer
Pflugerville Pets Alive! is always looking for responsible, hard working, committed, compassionate, creative people in and around Pflugerville who would like to help pets in the Pflugerville Area. We are a 100% volunteer based organization and need volunteers! Most events are several hours on Saturdays but there is some behind the scenes needs as well.
COVID-19 Update: Most of our in person events have been cancelled so we are making up for it with computer/backend work.
As a volunteer, you will be an important member of our team and act as a representative of our organization to the community at large. As such, we need people with great communication skills because our volunteers will be talking to people about our organization online, over the phone, and in-person.
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers – if you have an idea of how your skillset can benefit us – we want to hear from you!
- Professionalism: Conduct yourself in a positive, welcoming, appropriate, and ethical manner at all times when participating in conversations with community members and always stay on message for Pflugerville Pets Alive.
- Independent: Be able to work independently and meet the volunteer requirements – including the essential capabilities of our volunteers
- Commitment: Volunteer at least monthly for 6 hours. We ask that all of our volunteers commit to at least 4 months to our mission
- Activity Reporting: Report all volunteer hours and donations, track and share details of tasks completed
- Be Kind: Treat all animals and people with kindness and concern for their welfare
- Respectful: Represent yourself and PPA! in a professional manner and treat clients, pets, the public, and other volunteers with respect.
Sign up to become a volunteer member which includes signing a volunteer agreement and a release and waiver of liability form
List of accounts, equipment, and skills need to perform most responsibilities
- Email account (email is our primary communication method)
- Facebook account
- WhatsApp for group communication ( , )
- Access to a telephone with long-distance calling capability
- Access to a computer with internet connection (some of our opportunities can only be done via a computer)
- Communication Skills (written and/or verbal)
- Comfort using Google Docs and Sheets
- Knowledge of local pet resources (or the willingness to learn)
- Ability to conduct conversations with people from diverse backgrounds and beliefs